Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2012 Starts

It is a new year: 2012 and it is almost 10% over. I’m busy student teaching at the Gunnison Middle School finishing up my year. Student teaching should pay off in the future with an actual job. My days are spent teaching, running, and doing homework or lesson plans. I’ve been able to balance life, training, work, school, and school work, not an easy task. Lynnette has been amazing doing extra work around the house and baking to help keep me fueled and going. I’ve been training a good deal in preparation for the upcoming races this year.

Tentatively I’m planning on racing the Moab 55K (about 34 miles) in 2 weeks. It promises to be a great season opener as a well as a benchmark that will inform me what shape I am in. I’ve only had two-3 hour runs (about 24 miles) in training this year so we will see how hard Moab will be. Come March there will be the Salida Marathon. April will not disappoint with the Fruita Fifty. May offers the Black Canyon of the Gunnison 10K race. June will bring both warm weather and a potential North Face 50 mile race in Virginia. July will come and usher in THE RACE: The Hardrock 100. After July the summer will be filled with more training, a little school, a lot of mountains, and either the Leadville 100, or an attempt at the Colorado 14ers Record… or maybe both. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment